The Crown And Thistle
- Lovely staff, comfortable room, great restaurant, good location.
- The breakfast was excellent. I had the veggie option which was fab.
- Great location. Lovely modern rooms. Great dinner and breakfast menu. Very approachable and helpful staff. I was very pleasantly surprised. Very useful for a business traveller.
- Quaint old coaching inn set around a cobbled courtyard. The breakfast was great with some very tasty selections on the menu as well as the traditional English. Our room was small so it was a bit cramped however the bathroom was lovely.
- The bed was very comfortable. The hotel was in the centre of town. Staff were freindly and very helpful. Food was very good.
- Lovely old hotel, great location and lovely staff. Characterful building. Good breakfast.
- Nice toiletries in the bathroom and good towels. Comfortable beds and bedding. Breakfast excellent with good choices.
- Hotel was quirky with modern facilities. Lovely bathroom and large soft white towels. Bed was very comfy and room clean. Nice touches with magnified make up mirror, fridge (mini-bar), real coffee, iPod dock & air con. Staff very helpful and friendly. Very good, plentiful breakfast cooked fresh and no queuing to make your own toast is always a treat!
- We enjoyed our stay at the Crown & Thistle. The room was nicely furnished and comfortable, and we had very good breakfast.
- The soundproofing in the bedroom was excellent. The hotel was heaving and the noise deafening - there was a special event. Nevertheless, I was able to listen to the Proms on TV in peace. I was very grateful for that. Also the young waitress, Helene, was friendly and helpful. Also the proprietor! This made my stay very pleasant- many thanks.
- Everything! We stay here on the night of our wedding and was greeted with a bottle of prosecco. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, breakfast was devine .... Def reccommend.
- Lots of great touches to interior and made best use of an old building
- The nicest greeting and care since the beginning of The Thames pathway walk. Beautifully decorated hotel (a little tired here and there but that added to the charm). Parking on site, able to check into our room a couple of hours early. Incredibly comfortable le bed and blissful pillows. Ambient dining and lovely pubs, restaurants walks and interesting buildings nearby.
- The room, the breakfast and the atmosphere.
- Breakfast menu very good. Room very acceptable.
- Room beautiful clean comfy and wish we could have stayed longer .was amazing nothing to much trouble my other half proposed and we plan to get married hear
- Very charming hotel building and a room with great character. Splendid bathroom. Very friendly staff. Good dinner in the resteraunt and an excellent breakfast. On site car park. Very central location in the historic heart of Abingon.
- This was our final overnight stopover on our way home to Yorkshire following a touring holiday around Devon & Cornwall. A lively pub/hotel centrally located and close to the picturesque River Thames and after a long journey we enjoyed dinner in the attractive restaurant which although busy on the Saturday evening, the service was really efficient. We had a restful night's sleep in the small but comfortable room and next morning enjoyed a delicious breakfast to set us up for the journey home.
- Very impressed with all the staff. Food was of a high standard. Excellent portions for breakfast.
- Super friendly staff and excellent breakfast
- Very cosy hotel, comfortable and friendly staff.
- Could not fault the room or our stay. It was absolutely perfect.